Monday 15 February 2010

blogosphere and fashion weeks

I haven't posted anything in awhile but it's not because I've abandoned the blogging world- I've fully immersed myself in reading up on it and looking at fashion blogs around the world (not out of the usual...) I've simply been too busy looking instead of typing!
The difference is that I am officially doing my masters dissertation project on fashion blogs and marketing (something I've planned to do for awhile) so I'm constantly on the hunt for articles discussing the blogging phenomenon and reading academic papers on them.
I love coming across fellow bloggers in the literature whose sites I have myself visited many times before such as http://stylebubble.typepad.com/ and OF COURSE the Sartoralist...but the problem with doing a topic I'm really interested in is that I stubble across more and more amazing fashion blogs during my research and it's hard to stay focused! Such as mademoisellerobot.com and http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/ ...the list goes on and on...when I do have a draft synposis to write within the next couple of days and the final dissertation proposal due next week!

The fact that February is one of the biggest months of fashion does not make it any easier! With all our favourite designers having just showcased their latest 2010 autumn/winter lines at NYC Fashion week (just have to get glimpses of the latest runway looks and trends) and London Fashion week is quickly approaching this weekend!

Just a little taste of NY FW:
DVF

 
Alexander Wang


Rebecca Taylor

Rachel Roy

Donna Karan DKNY

RODARTE A/W streams LIVE 16 Feb 2010, 17.00 GMT / 12.00 EST

No comments:

Post a Comment